Project under the European Solidarity Corps
Duration: 12 Months (15/06/2020 - 14/06/2021)
VOLUNTEERING PERIOD: 14 September 2020 - 13 February 2020 (6 MONTHS)
LOCATION: the Home for Cooperation, Nicosia, Cyprus
‘Cooperation for life’ is a European Solidarity Corps volunteering project that aims to enhance the Association for Historical Dialogue and Research’s outreach and promote a culture of peace, dialogue, and cooperation to a wider audience for a more inclusive society.
Two volunteers will be involved in project activities with the thematic of History and Peace Education and will be responsible to spread the message that stems from the activities to the wider audience. The dissemination of the project ‘’Cooperation for Life’’ will be done through the use of our social media. It will be a unique opportunity for the participants to be a full part of a dynamic team and to grow on a personal and professional level.
The host organization:
The Association for Historical Dialogue and Research (AHDR) is a unique multi-communal, non-for-profit, non-governmental organization established in Nicosia in 2003 that envisions a society where dialogue on issues of history, historiography and history teaching and learning is considered a means for the advancement of historical understanding and critical thinking, and is welcomed as an integral part of democracy and a culture of peace. Since its establishment, the AHDR has broadened its mission by promoting peace education in formal and non-formal settings and is currently bringing children of all ages from all communities in Cyprus.
- - Spreading the word about the organization’s history and peace education activities to a wider audience
- - Develop and implement activities on history education and peace education
- - The volunteers will be implementing their own ideas in order to promote multiperspectivity and critical thinking in creative ways
- - Attend online or on-site language classes throughout the duration of the project.
- - 18 to 30 years old
- - Must be legally able to cross from checkpoints
- - Passion for History and/or Education, with an interest in the fields of Human Rights Education, Peace and Conflict Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, and Psychology
- - Motivation and creative instinct to create content from scratch
How To Apply:
1) Register for the European Solidarity Corps: Here
Suitable candidates will be interviewed after the second week of August. Deadline for applications: 14 August 2020
After completing the registration and application process, suitable candidates will be invited for an interview, and two European Solidarity Corps participants will be selected and invited to join our project.
Find out about European Solidarity Corps on the European Youth Portal: Here