AHDR is looking for volunteers for the European Soloidarity Corps project!
Volunteering Period: 15 October 2021 - 31 August 2022
Location: The Home for Cooperation (H4C), Nicosia, Cyprus
The project under European Solidarity Corps aims to enhance the Association for Historical Dialogue and Research’s (AHDR`s) outreach and promote solidarity, culture of peace, dialogue and cooperation to a wider audience for a more inclusive society.
Volunteers will be involved in project activities with the thematic of History Education, Peace Education and/or related fields. By joining our team, volunteers will have a unique opportunity to be a full part of an intercultural and dynamic team, develop new skills and connect with youth, educators, and organizations in Cyprus and around the world, and grow on a personal and professional level.
The host organization:
The Association for Historical Dialogue and Research (AHDR) is a unique multi-communal, non-for-profit, non-governmental organization established in Nicosia in 2003 that envisions a society where dialogue on issues of history, historiography and history teaching and learning is considered a means for the advancement of historical understanding and critical thinking and is welcomed as an integral part of democracy and a culture of peace.
Since its establishment, the AHDR has been promoting critical thinking, historical dialogue and multiperspectivity, especially through its History Education and Peace Education research, projects, publications, and events. These have showcased the impact of deconstructing stereotypes and increasing contact in creating a paradigm shift in education as a prerequisite for laying the foundations for sustainable peace.
- Developing, organizing and implementing AHDR`s activities on History Education and Peace Education
- Organization of local and international conferences, seminars and public debates on education
- Spreading the word about the organization’s History and Peace Education activities to a wider audience in creative ways
- Provide logistical and technical assistance with meetings, events and trainings
- Conducting research and data analysis
- The volunteers will be implementing their own ideas in order to promote multiperspectivity and critical thinking in creative ways
- Attend online or on-site language classes throughout the duration of the project.
- 18 to 30 years old
- Must be legally able to cross from checkpoints
- Passion for History Education, Peace Education and/or relevant fields with an interest in the fields of Human Rights Education, Peace and Conflict Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, and Cultural Studies
- Motivation and creative instinct to create content from scratch
- Strong written and spoken English
- Strong computer skills, especially a very good command of MS Office
- Flexibility and capability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work as part of a team
How To Apply:
1) Register for the European Solidarity Corps: Here
Suitable candidates will be interviewed after September. Deadline for applications: 8 October 2021
After completing the registration and application process, suitable candidates will be invited for an interview, and European Solidarity Corps participants will be selected and invited to join our project.
Find out about European Solidarity Corps on the European Youth Portal: Here
FOR MORE INFORMATION email: firstname.lastname@example.org • tel: +357 22 445 740 (ext. 105) / +90 5338537470