We are looking for two enthusiastic university students or recent university graduates with a background in, and passion for history and/or education.
Join our team!
The Association for Historical Dialogue and Research (AHDR) is looking for two highly motivated people with an interest in history education and peace education to join our office based in the Home for Cooperation, at the heart of Nicosia.
Interns provide support to the operations of the AHDR and are supported by the AHDR team that helps them to develop skills in research, project management and event organization. Interns provide research and administrative support and are expected to work on a wide range of projects. Interns will also assist in the preparation, management and delivery of events.
- Proposed length of internship is four (4) to six (6) months, starting in March 2019.
- The schedule and number of hours of selected interns can be discussed upon request on an individual basis.
- All internships are unpaid: Costs such as housing, travel, living expenses, visa arrangements and medical insurance connected with the program must be borne by the interns.
The AHDR is a unique multi-communal, non-for-profit, non-governmental organization established in Nicosia in 2003. We embrace values of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the European Convention on Human Rights, the UNESCO aims on education, and the Council of Europe’s recommendations relevant to history teaching. At AHDR, you will have the opportunity to gain work experience in the field of history, history education and peace education. Join our team, develop new skills and connect with youth, educators and organisations in Cyprus and around the world.
- Manage Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Mailchimp (newsletter) accounts, answer enquiries (daily basis);
- Catalogue publications, update database with contact lists: press, teachers, and members;
- Research and analyse data;
- Research funding sources, oversee the development of fundraising plans and write proposals;
- Provide logistical and technical assistance with meetings and events;
- Translation from Greek or Turkish to English and English to Greek or Turkish;
- Attend networking activities and European level meetings and events;
- Work closely with the AHDR Officers in the coordination of work plans and deliverables;
- Other related duties.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience/interest in history education and peace education
- demonstrates commitment to the mission and objectives of the AHDR
- has experience in fundraising, events organisation, communication or working with networks
- is a graduate or current student enrolled in a topic related to Education, History, Peace Studies, Conflict Resolution, Social Sciences, Human Rights or any other related disciplines
- has leadership, planning, project writing, analytical and organizational skills
- has excellent intercultural communication skills and is diligent when delivering tasks
- social media, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Canva, Outlook and websites
- strong written and spoken English and Greek or Turkish
- enthusiasm and commitment
- flexibility and capability to work independently and in a team
We offer you:
- Being full part of a dynamic team
- Opportunity to work independently and take responsibility
- Free Turkish or Greek courses during the duration of the internship
- Discounts at the Home Café
- Internal and external training opportunities
- Possibility to travel abroad with projects
- Access to all AHDR resources and publications
Please note that the AHDR is only able to offer internships to those legally allowed to work in the European Union. We cannot provide work permits or support work permit applications.